How’s the Industry Looking?
by Lauren Rapp, NAED Research & Development Assistant
We recently released our annual State of the Industry Report, an important industry research that provides benchmarks from your peers and their thoughts on the future. Listed below are just a few highlights that I thought were interesting.
- Just 2% of all respondents reported that they have negative expectations for company revenue in the coming year.
- More than 40% of surveyed members feel very confident about revenue growth.
- More than 50% of respondents intend to increase capital spending between 1 and 5%.
- Distributors noted their #1 spending priority as expanding facilities.
- Manufacturers expect to spend more on technology investments (other than computer hardware or software).
- One respondent was surprised by the, “more explosive growth of LED.”
- Another was disappointed that, “Loyalty between manufacturers and distributors has degraded.”
Want to learn more? Download the report and share your thoughts below.