Since 1986, the Electrical Products Education Course (EPEC) course has been known as the cornerstone of sales and product training in the electrical distribution industry. Learn more about the EPEC program by watching the EPEC 2-minute preview. View the outlines for each EPEC level: Bronze, Silver, and Gold.
Now EPEC has moved beyond Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Here are the latest additions to the EPEC arsenal:
- EPEC Lighting: This new EPEC level is available as a self-study workbook or an online courses through the NAED Learning Center. The course takes all of the product knowledge and sales skills from Bronze, Silver, and Gold to create one level detailing only lighting and controls. Created with the Lighting Specialists in mind, this level has five modules, a capstone project, and final exam. Topics include:
• Module 1 - Introduction to Electrical Products
• Module 2 - Lighting Basics
• Module 3 - Light Sources and Ballasts
• Module 4 - Luminaires and Calculations
• Module 5 - Lighting Application and Energy Management
Download a detailed guide on the EPEC Lighting modules.
- EPEC Bootcamp: Have you ever wanted to sit down with an EPEC Reviewer and learn how to create the perfect module? Now you can! EPEC Bootcamp is an eight-hour session where a reviewer takes you step by step through the first EPEC modules. Our team of EPEC reviewers have over 260 years of experience in the industry. Use the EPEC Bootcamp to bring an industry expert to your company and instantly increase your sales and profitability as you enhance your EPEC success.
Attendees will learn how to:
• Create the perfect cut package
• Remove obstacles you encounter as you complete EPEC on your own
• Understand the EPEC process and your next steps to complete the level
• How to develop your own resources to the information you need to complete EPEC quickly and efficiently.
- EPEC French Bronze: In partnership with ElectroFed of Canada, EPEC Bronze has been translated into French! This version follows exactly with the English version and includes all of the same modules and prints. Made possible through generous ElectroFed sponsors, this version allows French speaking associates to get the same industry leading EPEC training and instruction from our bilingual reviewer. Register here.
How To Get Started
Get an overview of the EPEC program in an interactive online format. Learn how the program works, expectations of the student, how you will be evaluated, and the resources that are available so you can successfully complete the program. This module consists of four chapters:
- Chapter 1 - Getting Started
- Chapter 2 - EPEC Challenge
- Chapter 3 - EPEC Method
- Chapter 4 - EPEC Submittal
Complete this EPEC Introduction module on the NAED Learning Center. Just search the Training Catalog for “EPEC Introduction” to get started with EPEC today!