Last Modified: December 15, 2014
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and NAED.org.
- Through User Contributions
NAED in an offline capacity or by any other means not explicitly indicated, including any other website operated by NAED or any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from NAED.org
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of NAED.org, including:
Information collected during the initial registration process by which users may be personally identified, such as name, email address, telephone number, and certain other demographic information (“personal information”).
- Information related to the NAED Member Profile section of NAED.org, in which users may provide additional information including facts about their interests, product and service requirements, photographs, and personal preferences.
- Data collected from monitoring incoming and outgoing site traffic to help optimize our web hosting capabilities, including information about users’ internet connection and the equipment used to access NAED.org and usage details.
We may also collect information which users provide to us on NAED.org which may include:
Information that users provide by filling in forms on NAED.org.This includes information provided when registering on NAED.org, creating an NAED Member Profile, or posting material to an NAED Member Profile.
- Records and copies of correspondence between with NAED.org.
- Details of transactions carried out through NAED.org and of the fulfillment of any orders. It may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through NAED.org.
How We Use Collected Information
We use information that we collect about users or that users provide to us, including any personal information:
To present NAED.org and its contents
- To provide information, products, or services requested from us.
- To fulfill any purpose for which a user provides information.
- To deliver relevant, targeted news and information to NAED.org users.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce rights arising from any contracts entered into between users and us.
- To notify users about changes to NAED.org or products and services we offer.
- In any other way we may describe when a user provides the information.
Users may also provide information or media to be published or displayed (“posted”) on public areas of NAED.org, or transmitted to other users of NAED.org or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at a user’s own risk. Please understand that while we attempt to protect User Contributions, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of NAED.org with whom a user may choose to share User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Children's Online Privacy Protection
The safety of children is very important to us. NAED.org and our related internet services such as email are not directed to or intended for use by children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly accept registration from users who are under the age of 13, nor will we knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from or about anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use or provide any information on NAED.org, make any purchases through NAED.org, or use any of the features of NAED.org. In the event that we receive information which establishes that a registered user is under the age of 13, we will delete all information in our databases about that user. If you believe that we have any information from or about anyone under the age of 13, please contact us at web@NAED.org
and let us know.
Protection of User Information
You should do your part in protecting your information. Your NAED.org User ID and password are confidential and we recommend that you not divulge them to anyone. We urge you to take care in posting information in public portions of NAED.org as this information may be viewed by other users.
Limits of Confidentiality
As part of regular business activities, we may disclose certain aggregate level information about registered users without restriction. We will disclose aggregate level information about registered users as reasonably necessary to explain the services that we offer, to report on initiatives that we undertake with any third party, or to implement and explain business strategies. Subject to the exceptions discussed below, we will not knowingly disclose any personally identifiable information about a registered user to an unauthorized third party.
To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor or assign in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of NAED’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by NAED about NAED.org users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which a user provides it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when a user provides information.
- With user consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of NAED, our customers or others.
Reviewing or Modifying Your Information - Terminating Email Services
An NAED.org user may choose at any time to review or modify personal information stored about that user by accessing their NAED Member Profile. If a user elects to opt-out of email services, the user will no longer receive any email communications from us.