The Manufacturer Excellence in Talent Development Award will be given to recognize an associate company that has been exceptionally active in the area of training and development to improve the electrical distribution channel.
The company must currently be active in NAED, and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Has made a significant contribution to the development of associates in the electrical distribution channel
- Has made a significant contribution to use instructional methods and technology to deliver training to the electrical distribution industry
- Has implemented innovative training for the industry
In addition, award winners must demonstrate success in at least one of the following areas of talent development:
- Learning culture is prevalent throughout the organization. C-Suite is involved and champions the advancement of knowledge, skills and capabilities throughout the organization. Examples:
- Talent Development function is represented on Senior Leadership Team
- Senior Leaders regularly participate in learning events (speaker, participant or facilitator)
- Talent Development strategy aligns with the company goals
- Individual development plans are created AND tracked for completion
- Training is delivered in a variety of ways (Instructor Led, online, mobile, job aids, etc.)
- Formal mentoring and/or coaching program exists and is widely participated in throughout the organization.
- Company has established metrics in place to track and measure the success of talent development initiatives.
This award is to be given based on cumulative contributions and is awarded at the discretion of the NAED Award Committee. The award will be presented to the President and/or CEO of the selected winning organization.