INDUSTRY RESOURCES FOR NAED MEMBERS
Reopening Business Resources
As thoughts turn to the possibility of reopening, OSHA and the CDC have provided guidance of best practices and preparation. See below links for more information. Join in the discussion with NAED members here.
Information on State and Local Reopening:
- What will reopening look like?(Multistate article/web page)
- State and local response information (google doc)
Business Guidelines for Reopening:
- OSHA Document - Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- CDC Guidance -Updated cleaning and disinfection guidance, updated best practices for conducting social distancing, and updated strategies and recommendations that can be implemented now to respond to COVID-19.
- National Retail Foundation State level breakdown of guidelines for retail operations.
Take the NAED COVID-19 Survey
To determine the ongoing effects of COVID-19 on the industry, NAED would like to ask you a few questions each week. By sharing your input, NAED can better assess the overall impact on sales, operations, and the workforce.
Your confidential responses will be aggregated and immediately available upon completion. You may return to the instant results as often as you like by visiting:
NAED Learning Center
- Business Continuity Bundle: A new bundle of courses and videos from Skillsoft, "Business Continuity" features over 80 titles on leading and managing virtual teams, managing in a crisis, adapting to change, collaboration and managing risk. These courses are available for free until June 30, 2020.
- J.J. Keller E-Learning: Two courses are now offered, Creating a COVID-19 action plan for your workplace and COVID-19: what employees need to know. Available for free to members until May 31, 2020 in the NAED Learning Center.
Industry News at Your Fingertips
Visit tEDmag.com for the latest industry news and event information. tED magazine is the voice of top electrical distributors in North America. Visit tED for news on how the pandemic is affecting the industry as well as further event information.
tED Magazine's DistributED podcast is a must listen. Scott Costa speaks with industry leaders and addresses these strange days.
COVID-19 Additional Resources
- AGC has partnered with Construct Connect for an interactive map that lists some project disruptions across the country
- 2020 State and Local Government Responses to COVID-19
- Distributor Action Planner: COVID-19- Indian River Consulting Blog
- Joint Statement Construction Letter-Pennsylvania
- NAHB Jobsite Map
- Google Spreadsheet: State & Local Construction Announcements
- IBHS - 5 Ways to Protect Your Building During a Temporary Closure
NAED COVID-19 Weekly Conference Update
In keeping with the recommendation of the CDC regarding mass gatherings, the 2020 National Meeting has been canceled. We are keeping a close on predicted outcomes for the summer and how it may impact our summer meetings. Our team is monitoring the situation regularly and gauging the potential risks. We’re also working closely with the event venues to ensure they are following guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The Essential and True #Electricalhero in Your Company
If I had asked you before this pandemic started what was an essential employee, do you think your answer would be the same as it is today? This very unusual time in our lives has made us discover what "essential" truly means.
Before, you might have thought first responders, medical personnel, and some government employees were all that were essential.